Wausau area residents can leverage the experience and resources of Ellison & O'Connor, LLC to get great outcomes in personal injury cases. To ensure that the lawyers in our firm can assert the full range of your legal rights, make sure you avoid providing any statements or signing any waivers before consulting an attorney.
At our firm, we have over 50 years of combined legal experience and our attorneys know how to evaluate settlement offers. Before you answer any questions or waive your rights, call our firm for a free consultation. We will discuss your case and determine the best way to remedy your injury in full.
Each personal injury case is different and has a unique process; however, in general, our firm will:
- Evaluate a case
- Access the medical records
- Pursue expert testimony about the extent of injuries
- Determine the economic loss
- Investigate the accident
- File a lawsuit
- Negotiate settlements
We represent clients injured in dog bites, premises liability, car accidents, and workers' compensation cases. In any personal injury case, our goal is to get our clients maximum compensation. This may include financial compensation for any of the following:
- Pain and suffering -- Some clients never heal and are left with chronic pain or emotional trauma that can follow them for years.
- Lost wages -- All of the time a client loses at work after an injury may be included in a settlement.
- Car or vehicle -- If a vehicle is damaged, a settlement can repair it or replace it.
- Loss of consortium -- Married spouses whose marriage is damaged can seek compensation.
- Disability -- Some injuries can lead to permanent disabilities that can affect earning potential forever and are therefore included in settlements.
Litigation Attorneys With A Competitive Advantage
Many personal injury cases can get bogged down in negotiation and settlement talks. Our clients have an advantage because we are trial attorneys who excel in the courtroom. During negotiations, opposing counsel knows that if our clients don't get favorable settlements our firm will take the case to trial and appeal endlessly. Our background in litigation operates as a competitive advantage during negotiations.